- distinguish you from other users of our website;
- gather information about your computer in order to assist us in serving content to you in the most appropriate manner;
- help us better understand your journey through our site, including how you arrived at our website, and on what page you left our website; and
- capture generic information, such as your geographical location (based on your IP address).
All this information is anonymised and used for statistical purposes only. This also helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our site.
Our use of personal data that is collected in the form of cookies is in accordance with our privacy notice.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and to prepare customised pages for them. We use the following cookies:
- Essential Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical or Performance Cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. [We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose]